ViBRANT: Supporting biodiversity research communities
Get involved by:
|Starting a Scratchpad|
|Become an Ambassador|
|Become a developer|
|e-Infrastructures for data publishing in biodiversity science In Zookeys, Edited by Vince Smith and Lyubomir Penev. Sofia: Pensoft, 2011. http://www.pensoft.net/journals/zookeys/issue/150/|
Virtual Biodiversity Research and Access Network for Taxonomy (ViBRANT) is a European Union FP7 funded project starting in December 2010 that will support the development of virtual research communities involved in biodiversity science. Our goal is to provide a more integrated and effective framework for those managing biodiversity data on the Web.
- A virtual research environment (Scratchpads) where users can safely store, share and manage their research information.
- Analytical services for users to build identification keys and phylogenetic trees.
- A publication platform for users to automatically compile biodiversity science manuscripts from their research database.
- A portal for users to centrally access publicly accessible biodiversity research information and literature.
- Training, helping research communities to use these tools and services.
- A standards compliant technical architecture that can be sustained by biodiversity research community.
Click on a hexagon to find out more: